There are three ZooBorns books, one for young children (3-6) and two for all ages. The books are available wherever books are sold.
Order ZooBorns CATS! (All ages) on Amazon here
Order ZooBorns (all ages) on Amazon here
Order ZooBorns for young children (3-6) here
If you would like to submit photos for consideration for the upcoming ZooBorns books, please read the information below:
We encourage multiple submissions, but please submit pictures of only one baby/litter at a time!
All submissions should be high resolution, at least 8x10inches at 300dpi
Photos must feature animal babies born or raised at an accredited institution. AZA or CAZA membership is required for inclusion for all North American institutions. Zoos located in other countries will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
There is no single set of criteria for determining which photos will be selected but here are some good bets.
- High picture quality - Does the photo look crisp or taken on a camera phone?
- Animated and amusing poses - A polar bear carrying her cub in her mouth or babies rough-housing are always popular.
- Objects or parents for scale - Everyday objects or parents in the picture can make small size more apparent
- Rarity - We get a baby giraffe birth at least once a month, which is wonderful, but we can't have twelve baby giraffes in one book. Got great shots of a baby pangolin? If so, we'd love to see them.
- Once again, the suggestions above are only general tips. If your pictures don't fit these guidelines but have their own je ne sais quoi, please send them along.
Here are just a few examples of pictures we love:
We have tried to make this submission process as easy as possible. If you have questions, please contact us directly at submissions [at] zooborns.com.
In clicking yes below, you warrant that you are the sole owner of the rights granted herein, and that the work does not infringe upon the copyright or other rights of anyone. You hereby indemnify and agree to hold us, our licensees, and any seller harmless from any damages (including attorney’s fees) arising out of any claim, action, or proceeding based upon alleged violation of your warranties and agreements. IRREVOCABLE PERMISSION IS HEREBY GRANTED FOR USE OF THE MATERIAL STIPULATED.